UPDATE as of September 2014: The V84e has been obsoleted. The MPERIA V Series has replaced it.
The EZ Touch V84e controller is fitted with a full color, quick response, touch screen interface and has the ability to control up to 4 Drop-on-Demand printheads independently. The V84e simplifies coding with icon-based navigation and effortless, convenient programming of messages in a WYSIWYG format. Most printer functions are easily completed in a minute or less, saving time and money.
The V84e is capable of printing at up to 1000 feet per minute and utilizing many different types of ink bases.
Instead of global settings, the V84 provides for individual control of the attributes of each connected printhead, including independent triggers for each head. This type of control presents an innovative realm of flexibility for most coding applications.
- 32 valve controller
- IP54 environmental protection rating
- IP65 rating optional
- Bench or wall mounted
- Painted steel enclosure with stainless steel cover
- Industrial, 10.4” color, touch screen interface
- User configurable password protection
- Icon-based menus
- Backlit display
- Color-coded classifications to distinguish message fields
- WYSIWYG message display
- Solvent resistant, 2-ply overlay
Communications and Networking
- RS232 (RS485 available option)
- Shaft encoder input
- Up to four sensor inputs
- Message storage: 4000 minimum
- Print Performance
- Controller operates both Standard and 8000 printheads
- Lines of print: up to 4-5 lines at 32 valves
- Minimum character size: 3/32” (2.38 mm)
- Maximum character size: 5” (127 mm)
- Maximum speed: 680 fpm (3.45 mps)
- Orientation mounting: all directions
- Fast dry, pigmented, dye and water-based inks for porous and non-porous surfaces. Black, blue, green, red, yellow, white, brown, purple, orange, and many more.
- 1 liter, 4 liter, 19 liter, (208 liters) 55 gallon drum
Static & dynamic message fields, upper and lower case characters, many fonts including 5x5, 7x5, 9x7, 14x10, 16x10, 21x15, 32x20 height, width & delay functions, automatic roll-over clock & calendar functions, graphics/logos, bar codes (Code 39, I 2 of 5, UPC-A, EAN-8, EAN-13), shift codes, sequential & batch numbering, logos with stitched printheads, remote data field interface, text imports.
Physical and Environmental Characteristics
- Dimensions: 14”Lx14”Wx6.18”H (355 mm x 355 mm x 157 mm)
- Electrical: 115/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Operating Temperature: 32-113oF (0-45oC)
- Humidity: 10-95% non-condensing
- Weight: 33 lb (15kg)
Here is a picture of two Series 8000 printheads, driven by a V84e controller, utilizing our Swing Arm brackets. The printheads "swing" out of the way as the product (a bag in this case) passes by. This allows us to maintain great print quality even if the product placement is inconsistent. It also protects the printhead(s).