Complete Single-Line Coder
The Marsh Unicorn® is a compact, single line, ink jet system. Whatever your coding needs, the Unicorn System can be programmed quickly and easily. Product names, identification numbers, automatic production counts and accurate-to-the-minute time code capabilities are available at the touch of a button. The Unicorn System not only marks your cartons, but also provides production information vital to inventory and quality control.
UNICORN II: Complete TWIN line coder.
We now offer the Unicorn II Printer. It can print TWO lines of copy. Click here to see the Unicorn II brochure.
Complete Coding Flexibility
Out of the box and on your line in minutes. Mounted directly to your conveyor it includes the controller/key-pad, printhead, power pack, power cord, mounting brackets, self pressurized ink cartridges and solvent cartridge. Simply plug it in and your ready to print.
The Unicorn System Ships Complete For Your Convenience.
Reduce training time and improve efficiencies with built-in selectable languages. The Unicorn system is programmable in one of 13 different languages, allowing you the flexibility you need in today's fast paced, ever changing environment.
The Unicorn System Speaks Your Language.
Incredibly Easy to Use and Maintain
Easy to use icon keys allow you to adjust and edit product codes with a few simple keystrokes. Customize time and date codes, expiration dates, rollover hour and more.
Menu driven programs include electronically accurate automatic date change, clock functions and consecutive counts.
Finally - A System Everyone Can Use
Economical From Start to Finish
Compared to your current coding methods, the Unicorn system provides an all-in-one, low cost solution through its high ink milage and low maintenance requirements. The Unicorn system's original hard-working design has provided high performance, outstanding reliability and unsurpassed performance.
Users Can Affordably Take Charge of Their Coding Needs
- Controller/Input Device
- Universal Power Supply
- Mounting Bracketry
- Starter Ink and Solvent Kit
Built-in Software Features
- Customized Time and Date Codes
- Julian Date
- Rollover Hour
- Expiration date for automatic printing of up to two distinct dates of expiration.
- Shift organizer for automatic coding by particular shifts (up to 4 shifts)
- Print delay for message placement
- Character width adjustment
- Consecutive Incremental Numbering
Selectable Languages (Built-in)
- Internally Regulated Ink System
- Factory Set; No Adjustment Necessary
- 8 oz. (.23 liter) bladder pressurized, non-aerosol ink bottles
- Standard Print Height: 3/8" (10mm)
- Optional Heights: 5/16"(7mm), 1/2" (15mm), 3/4" (20mm)
- 7x5 dot matrix, 54 printable ASCII characters, as well as, Printable accented characters
- 15" (38.9 cm) and 9" (22.8 cm) tubing with 1" (2.54 cm) outside diameter (OD) includes 2 hand levers for simple Up/Down and In/Out Adjustments
- Long Reach Bracket Kit available for special mounting situations
- Remote Bracket Assembly Kit enables printhead to be mounted up to 20' (6.1 m) from controller.
- Electrical: System uses Universal Switching Power Supply
- Message: Up to 52 Message Storage Capacity, Upto 40 Characters each
- Surfaces: Porous only
- Valve Jet Colors: Black, Red, Green, Blue
- Consumption: 70,000 Characters/ bottle
- Operating Temperature Range: 40°F (4° C) to 120°F (49°C)
- Conveyor Line Speed: 20 fpm (6.1 mpm) to 200 fpm (61.0 mpm)